Students should leverage their expertise to produce/develop products that may be helpful in daily life industry, or to express characters/ideas used to produce/develop personalized items.
Areas: product design, medical device design, car design
Topics:any topic related to machinery, automobiles, household appliances, medical equipment, robotics, etc. products
Available software: AutoCAD (available with Host Institute) or any other Design software installed in participant’s laptop.
The competition is open to fulltime students enrolled (at the time of registrations and at the time of submissions) in All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and Deemed University approved Mechanical, Automobile, Industrial Production, Product Design, Polytechnic, ITI/Vocational and related disciplines. Multi-disciplinary teams may be formed.
Students from first year to final year degree programs and students pursuing post-graduation are eligible to participate in this competition. Minimum one or a maximum two students can form a team to participate in given competition categories.
Faculty members are encouraged to guide their student teams. In turn, the platform offers them excellent networking opportunities with global peers. The faculty would act only as a mentor to the students and not be a part of the team.
The faculty’s responsibility today goes beyond the term “training” with its implications of imparting skills, and encompasses a definition that includes formal and informal means of helping students to not only learn new skills, but also develop new insights into application of technology and skills into real time projects. The design competition provides an excellent opportunity for faculty members to support students’ professional development, as they encounter the challenges that come with putting into practice their evolving understandings about the use of technology to support project-based learning.
There will be 3 rounds in competition.
- (SKECTHING AND 3D-MODELLING) will consist of maximum of 60minutes. MCQ’S will be given based on the sketch and modeling.
- (MISSING COMPONENT CHALLENGE) will consist of maximum of 45 minutes. Assembly drawing and some of their components would be given and based on this participants have to design the missing components.
- (DESIGN YOUR IMAGINATION) will consist of 45-60 minutes. Theme with a description would be given and based on which participants would design something creatively on software.
- Candidates must bring their own laptop (if they are working on any other software except AutoCAD )with SOLIDWORKS/INVENTORS installed.
- Candidates are requested to bring their laptops fully charged with all the required accessories (mouse, charger etc.).
- No help will be provided in any regard whatsoever.
- Design – The students would be judged on the design. The design should justify various applications of the project. Moreover, there should not be any deviation in the design made than what is allotted.
- Innovation – Innovation will be the key element to be judged, design should be unique and should be accompanied by a proper justification of the workability of the
- Design Tree – More the steps taken, lesser will be the marks.
NOTE: Lesser the time taken to complete the rounds, more will be the marks awarded. In case of tie, following steps will be followed:
- Buzzer round design quiz
- Younger participant will be given benefit.
Contest Date & Time: 20th August 2016.
Start of Date of Registration: 1st July 2016.
Last Date of Registration: 19th August 2016.
- For SAE students: 200/-
- For Non-SAE Member: 400/-
1st Position: Rs. 2,000/-
2nd Position: Rs. 1,500/-
3rd Position: Rs. 1,000/-